Lulu & Co

I went to London for an interview on Thursday to get an internship with Fashion East/Lulu & Co, the interview which I got through the lovely Madeleine who has been hooking me up all summer. The offices are situated in the Truman Brewery on Brick Lane. Its pretty cool as you have to go up a cute little steel spiral staircase to get the the office.
When I got to the office it was really small but in a nice, cosy, intimate way, when I was being interviewed by a girl named Emily who seemed real nice she told me I will be working for Lulu & Co and will get to do bits of sewing and fabric sourcing and stuff.
Lulu & Co is set up by the founder of Fashion East, Lulu Kennedy. Lulu is responsible for helping launch the careers of people like Gareth Pugh, Katy Eary, James Long and Simone Rocha and is all about supporting up and coming designers and is a real respected and influential figure with in the industry and spesh in British Fashion, Fashion East turned 10 years old last year and Lulu & Co was set up in celebration of Fashion East reaching the 10 year mark.
Emily told me that Lulu & Co work with about 7 designers and they are designers that have worked previously with Fashion East (like Christopher Shannon and House of Holland.) and produce 3 collections. I was offered an internship there and I'm pretty excited to start as I think it will be fun to get back into sewing as I haven't touched a sewing machine since I left college, Im a bit nervous about it. I think its gonna be really cool though as Im gonna be picking up new skills like fabric sourcing which I think is gonna be SOOOO much fun. They want me to start on the 8th when I move to London full time till the day before LFW starts which means its gonna be HARDCORE and then I can carry on working on my two days off from uni in the week, but I cant WAIT to just be back in London and to be busy again. I've felt almost a little lost not commuting back and forth between London and Coventry at least twice a week >.<