AVE EYE GOT NEWZ 4 CHU.

Avoiding my uni summer project like the fucking plague and attempting to do anything else and everything in my power to do so, I thought I'll just snoop through some of my regular blogs as I havent really been keeping properly up to date recently, what with friends leaving for uni (SO sore I wont be a fresher anymore.) and sorting out my house/job/just my life in general.
There are three thaaaangs which I wanted to write about/inform all 'yall asses about.


Numero un:


PRADA/SHAPARELLI EXHIBITION


The Metropolitan museum in New York is to house an exhibition honouring two of the most influential female designers in fashion to date. Miuccia Prada and Elsa Schiaparelli, both women alike (not just cause there both Italiano.) but their works decades apart. Elsa Schiaparelli was Coco Chanel's biggest rival and was the first designer to put together a catwalk show, as well as collaborate with artists like surrealist Salvador Dali (the infamous Lobster dress. This designer and artist relationship is something that I would consider very influential and forward thinking as it is something that has continued with designers today such as Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton. Steven Sprouse for S/S 07 and with Takashi Murakami on bags) Where as Miuccia has her own art museum and incorporates art into her clothing.
The exhibition will open next May with the Met ball happening at the same time. Im sure the exhibition will be a great hit. I for one am interested to see pictures of the set up and how they lay and present everything after the pictures that emerged from the Alexander McQueen 'Savage Beauty' exhibition. Deffs jel and need to get my ass to America if I can get the moulin as I am pretty sure that this exhibition will have a major impact on catwalks for 2013/14 from the Italian powerhouse that is Prada and designer Schiaparelli.




Numero deux:


A.WANG X SALLY HANSEN NAIL VARNISHES


Alexander Wang is teaming up with Sally Hensen to create nail polishes that will make their debut in the S/S 12 collections. I cant wait to see the colour choices that are available and they are DEFINITELY going to sell out as soon as they hit the shelves on some next Chanel level. I think that this is a really cool move for Wang to make as even though he has his more affordable 'T' by Alexander Wang range I think that him doing a beauty line or just dipping in will be a major success, not only because thats where luxury labels make a large sum of their money from I think that it will be very popular with young laydeez.




Numero trois:


GARAGE MAGAZINE


Former editor of POP Magazine, owner of an art museum and fiancee to Roman Abromovitch Dasha Zhukova is to release her own magazine thats launch is to coincide with New York Fashion Week (comes out pon di 5th of September.) The name of the magazine is 'Garage' is named after her art museum the Garage Center for Contemporary Culture. Three covers have been revealed. The brief was to come up with designs that could be tattooed onto a living canvas. One cover was shot by Nick Knight which features a puppet doll version of Lily Donaldson wearing Marc Jacobs and Mary Katrantzou, and the other done my Damien Hurst which features the bottom half of a woman with a butterfly sticker you can peel off which reveals a butterfly tattoo on her vajayjay (tasteful. NART! I'd have at least gone for a flower just for humorous reasons.) The Damien Herst cover has been banned from W.H Smiths. Contributors for the magazine include Shala Monroque, Tavi, Jurgen Teller amongst others. The magazine is an art and fashion magazine (I imagine something like POP, which she was the editor for but way more out there and avant garde.) Bitch gonna be having the creme de la creme of fashionZzZz and art AND photography all clambering to work on her magazine and for this reason alone all I have to say is I am buying more than one fucking copy of this bad boy even if it does have some HEFTY price tag and I am totally getting the Lily Donaldson cover as well as the Damien Herst one. Totally excited to get my hands on this and see the content. See some of la covers below.